Saturday 18 June 2011

Mumbai twins have same results in class XII | Identical twins score identical marks in class XII exams



Mumbai: Competition between the twin brothers started at the time of their birth, with one seeing the light of the world two minutes before the other.

After 16 years the race is still on, but this time it ended in a tie with both the siblings scoring the same percentage 90.73 in the SSC exams.

Family, friends and teachers of Pratik and Purvik Gohil, residents of Kandivli, could not believe their ears when they were told that the twins had scored the same marks.



According to family members, the twins who were classmates since childhood, were born competitors as they defeated each other almost alternatively. But this time in the board and pre-board exams, they ended up in a tie.

Purvik and Pratik studied at Shivram Singh Sanman Singh English High School in Bhandup.

Pratik Gohil (16), said, "I used to study for around four hours daily, but started spending more time with books in the last three months of the exam. I always kept my cool and never panicked.

"As I am a diehard cricket fan, I watched all the World Cup matches and even the IPL. I think we did better in the exam because our parents did not burden us with their dreams and demands."

He added, "I was expecting more then 95 per cent, but 90 per cent is not bad either. It's just a coincidence that Purvik and I scored the same.

"I think the best-five system has proved helpful for SSC students. I think oral exams and internal assignments, in which examinees invariably score well, have helped reduce students' stress."

Purvik had an interesting story to share about their oral exams. "When I reached school to give the exam, the teacher refused to let me do it saying I had already appeared for it. This is where our identical looks and similar voice play spoilsport. After I convinced her that the one who gave the exam was my twin, she finally allowed me to take the exam. I am happy with the marks we have got. We both wish to do engineering but in different subjects. As of now, we have decided to take admission in Thakur College."

Nikesh Gohil, father of Purvik and Pratik said, "We were surprised to know their percentage. It's a coincidence and it is by God's grace that they scored so well. Their mother burst into tears seeing their percentage. I am very proud of them today."