Thursday 26 January 2012

Zoya Khan talks about her Debut Film Chori Ka Maal Mori Mein

Zoya Khan is a model and actress seen in numerous commercial and print ads. She has hosted numerous events and also was seen in Aman Hayer’s latest Music Album ‘The Entourage’. Zoya Khan makes her Bollywood Debut as lead actress in the Sandeep Marwah Film Chori Ka Maal Mori Mein Directed by Mr.Ashok Tyagi. This Bollygraph Reporter talked to the pretty actress over Coffee about her life and debut movie. Here is an Exclusive Interview with Zoya Khan by me for Bollygraph Readers.


Q: You are from a traditional Muslim family. Did you face any opposition from your Parents and family members for choosing the glamor world?
A: Yes, I do belong to a Muslim Pathan family where culture and upbringing of a girl plays a very important role as there was the parda system and all. Fortunately open minded Parents and relatives helped me in absorbing customs with freedom. Hailing from a well educated family, I was actively involved in Sports and extracurricular activities in school and college level. Being crowned Miss Eve twice, Miss Beautiful Smile and Beautiful Hair in College, I got many offers from the modeling field. My Parents were initially taken aback by my decision to enter the glamor world, but supported me in my decision. I was compelled to complete my Masters along with modeling. My work was further noticed after I was crowned Miss Beautiful Skin 2008 in a Delhi Beauty Pageant. There were oppositions for my being in the showbiz but having the full support of my family, I became confident that recognition for work is the key to my dreams.




Q: How did you get this Movie Offer? Do you have a Godfather in this Industry?
A: It may sound weird but the fact is that I am regular with social networking sites and keep updates and that’s how I got it. I was auditioning for many other production houses also when the director of the movie saw my profile and asked me to appear for a screen test. I was selected out of many girls to play the man protagonist after the audition and final screen test. As far as Godfather is concerned, I do have one – that’s God who is my father everywhere I have traveled and worked.

Q: How do you feel about making your debut in the National and International Award winning Director Sandeep Marwah’s film? Tell me something about your role in the Movie.
A: I was really excited and nervous at the same time. I was excited because of my dreams turning into reality and my hard work and determination paying off. I was also nervous because Sandeep sir has given so much to the society, so many talented people to our TV & Film industry, that will I be able to entertain my audience to their fullest or not. Chori Ka Maal Mori Mein is a full length feature film and the production of Asian School of Media Studies, the first degree college of cinema of the Country. My role in the film is that of Dolly, an independent and determined girl who makes her own rules and bends them as and when required herself. This Film is presented by the Chamber of Movies & Television Programme Producers of New Delhi and the Marwah Studios. This Film will redefine Bollywood in Delhi and NCRs.



Q: Are you game for doing item numbers in Movies?
A: I feel Item numbers are something which most of the actresses bet for these days. But I don’t want to be type cast as a Item girl because breaking the tag of a item gal is rather difficult then breaking the tag of a performer. I got many such offers from South and from Bollywood also but in my initial phase I don’t want to take up such offers for the hack of it to get a role. I would rather concentrate on my acting skills and prove myself as a good actress.

Q: Are you open to acting in other language Movies?
A: Of course yes! I am getting offers for South films and would love to work in some good movies as they give a lot of exposure to learn and mold you as an actor.